Virtuoso Traveler is your source for news that helps you travel better. The August issue features everything from innovative cruise programs to bucket-list train journeys. Read on to discover 10 things you’ll learn by diving into the issue.
10 Trip Tips from August’s Virtuoso Traveler
- Spa Innovation: Guests at three Virtuoso resorts can experience creative new treatments. Texas’ Lake Austin Spa Resort offers several therapeutic water-themed activities, including floating meditation classes. The Ritz-Carlton, Denver recently added services for kids and teens, such as treatments for oily skin. And the Four Seasons Resort Nevis opens its spa to one lucky couple per night for private after-hours wellness.
- Ways to Seas the Day: Innovative programs highlight voyages aboard new and remade ships. Blend your own wine on Holland America Line’s Sing along to new musical productions on Oceania Cruises’ Sirena. And pair outdoor movies with tasting menus crafted by a Michelin-starred chef aboard Celebrity Cruises’ Celebrity Millennium.
- Epic Train Trips: When it comes to train travel, “the mode of travel is the journey,” says Eleanor Flagler Hardy, a Virtuoso travel agency co-owner from Louisville, Kentucky. Read about four favorite train rides in Canada, Australia, India, and Switzerland, and get on track.
- San Juan Surprise: Considered the crown jewel of Washington state’s San Juan archipelago, Sucia Island “is one of those hidden places that surprises and delights at every turn,” says Portland, Oregon-based Virtuoso travel advisor Cate Caruso. Learn more about its charms in her dispatch
from a recent voyage with Lindblad Expeditions.
- Must-Have Carry-Ons: These fun essentials will help you pass the time in flight more enjoyably. Cocktail kits let you be your own bartender in the air. Adult coloring books will relax you for your travels. Also helping you find your inner Zen: meditation apps that can be used anywhere – even at 30,000 feet.
- Wine Getaways for Any Budget: Pick your pleasure based on your price point. Will it be centuries-old French châteaus in Bordeaux, where you can blend your own wine? Or artisanal vintners in California’s Napa Valley, where biking to wineries is part of the fun?
- Top Travel Tips: Find your perfect beach. Maybe it’s close to home, or perfect for surfing, or made for romance. Select the cruise, wellness retreat, or adventure that’s right for you. Plan a family vacation for the ages and much more as Virtuoso travel advisors share their secrets to help you travel better.
- True Sail Voyages to Cuba: Americans are flocking to the in-demand nation under the people-to-people educational programs. True sailing vessels are taking travelers to a variety of Cuban locations. Perhaps colonial Trinidad is your preference? Or the college town of Santiago de Cuba? Or Isla de la Juventud, a favored buccaneer hideaway of yesteryear?
- Suite Dreams: Check into one of our insiders’ favorite hotel suites from Melbourne to Mexico City. From nine-bedroom homes to private spas and pools, you’ll be wowed by the variety of luxurious options. You’ll also receive expert tips on each hotel to make the most of your stay.
- Sky-High Adventures: Want to experience the world’s highest and longest lift? Head to Whistler Blackcomb’s Peak 2 Peak Gondola. It takes travelers to 1,430 feet during a wild 2.7-mile ride. Our advice: do look down.
Virtuoso Traveler: Inspiration for Your Future Trips
If these articles whetted your appetite to book a trip, consult with your Virtuoso travel advisor. Don’t have one? This fun interactive quiz will help you find an advisor who’s right for you. Once you experience the benefits of being a Virtuoso Traveler firsthand, you’ll wonder why you didn’t find an advisor sooner.
The post 10 Great Finds That Await You in August’s Virtuoso Traveler appeared first on Virtuoso Luxury Traveler.